Advanced Practice + The Art of Seeing and Assisting is a 3 day teaching intensive with international teacher and Rare friend Simon Park.
Vinyasa flow yoga has the potential to be a complete practice: energising and therapeutic for the body and mind, and a wonderful platform for creative expression. Each day of the training will begin with a progressive practice exploring creative namaskars, fluid transitions, inversions, arm balances, and backbends, leading to peak postures of interesting complexity.
Simon will guide the embodiment and teaching of dynamic vinyasa flows, teaching you how to read bodies and offer assists that make your students practice feel grounded but effortless. Training will also cover the essential tools of teaching, including vinyasa krama sequencing for a well-balanced class, restorative practice, pranayama and therapeutic bodywork.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the dynamic actions required to make each pose vibrantly alive.
- Use intensive practice, visual assessment, and hands-on assists to support the pathway from foundational to advanced yoga practice.
- Learn to engage and inspire students, teaching from a place of knowledge, creativity and experience.
- Gain a better understanding of the physical and energetic principles from the Ashtanga, Iyengar, and modern Vinyasa Yoga systems, examining how the universal principles and the unique wisdom of each style can greatly enhance our understanding of energy flow and balance.
- Learn to develop yoga classes and privates that help students of all levels safely grow in their practice.
- Explore linking the physical practice with the spiritual/inner journey of our students in a way that is accessible to a modern audience.
- Create space for self exploration, allowing students to pass from a purely physical space toward self inquiry and growth.
- Move away from scripted teaching and toward creative artistry…becoming absolutely present with your students.
- Dynamic, fluid and precise Vinyasa Flow practice: detailed physical and energetic alignment, creative transitions, progressive vinyasa krama sequencing building towards intermediate and advanced asanas.
- Energetic Alignment: finding the skilful inner actions that facilitate body/mind focus and freedom. Artful Integration of Breath, Bandha, and Drishti into practice and teaching.
- Learn to give precise and effective hands-on assists through visual assessment, understanding healthy patterns of movement and teaching balancing actions.
- Working therapeutically with common injuries and limitations by adapting postures with better individualised alignment, use of props, hands-on assists and precise cueing.
- Introduction to therapeutic Thai Massage a great enhancement to your Yoga Teaching and Hands on Assisting; developing the art of healing touch.
Accreditation: 30 Hour Liquid Flow Yoga Teacher Training
Simon brings 25 years of study, practice, and assisting with Shiva Rea, Maty Ezraty, Richard Freeman, and Dharma Mittra.
Dates and Timings
8:00 am - 6:00 pm daily
Friday 2 - Sunday 4 February 2024
Seagull Room - Bondi Pavilion, Queen Elizabeth Dr, Bondi Beach NSW 2026